David P. Tuttle, CPA, CVA
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPERTISE
Dave has been the partner responsible for establishing and monitoring the firm's quality control policies and procedures for audit and accounting engagements since the early 1980's. In addition, Dave has spent much of his professional career performing forensic accounting and litigation services. He has testified in hundreds of cases involving economic damages resulting from personal injury claims as well as commercial disputes. He has performed business valuations for litigation as well as for tax purposes.
Dave has served clients in a variety of fields including: construction and real estate development, manufacturing and distribution, healthcare, banking, and professional service organizations.
- Graduated in 1971 with a degree in Zoology from the University of California, Santa Barbara
- Took courses at California State University, San Bernardino in business and accounting through 1976, while working in the field of public health
- Earned the Elijah Watt Sells Award for high scores on the National CPA Examination in 1976
- Received CPA Certificate in March 1979
- Has continued his education through memberships and professional organizations such as the American Institute of CPAs and the California Society of CPAs
- Designated as a Certified Valuation Analyst in 1998
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS
- Past president of the Citrus Belt Chapter of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Past member of the board of directors of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Served on the committee of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants which administers the AICPA's program of Peer Review for the states of California, Arizona and Alaska
- Former chairman and long-term member of the CalCPA Accounting Principles and Auditing Standards Committee
- Past president, Inland Empire Branch of the Southern California Chapter of the Arthritis Foundation
- Former member of the Board of Directors of Shelter Homes of Redlands
- Former member of the board of directors of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern California and trustee of the Loma Linda Ronald McDonald House
Dave's outside activities include golf, woodworking, camping, and international travels with his wife, Karen.