Katie Vander Veen, CPA
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPERTISE
Katie joined the firm in 2009 providing audit and tax services to a variety of industries, including healthcare and service-based industries. She currently specializes in taxation, forensic accounting and litigation services. She has taxation experience with high net-worth individuals, business executives, and closely-held businesses. She specializes in multi-state taxation and depreciation issues.
Katie has experience in providing business valuation services for taxation and litigation purposes involving management firms, construction companies, real estate holding companies, and more. She has assisted in numerous cases involving economic damages resulting from personal injury claims.
- B.A. in Business Administration, Accounting Concentration (2009) California State University, Fullerton - Graduated summa cum laude
- Master of Business Administration, Accounting Focus (2013) California State University, San Bernardino
- Master of Science in Taxation (Projected 2017) Golden Gate University
- Certified Public Accountant, State of California (2011)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (2015)
- Ongoing continuing professional education with an emphasis in taxation and forensic accounting
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS
- State Chair of Financial Literacy Committee of CalCPA (2015-2017)
- Board member of the Inland Empire Chapter of CalCPA (2014-2017)
- Co-chair of Financial Literacy Committee of the Inland Empire Chapter of CalCPA (2012-2017)
- Member of the California Society of CPAs Public Policy Task Force (2013)
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants
Outside of work, Katie enjoys spending time with her husband and son, watching professional sports, and reading.